Bellevue, Wa, Washington, United States
Date published: 03/13/18
Intellectual Ventures (“IV”) is a privately-held, invention investment company based in Bellevue, Washington. Intellectual Ventures is the leader in the business of invention. Driven by the belief that invention sparks progress, Intellectual Ventures is committed to creating and sustaining a market for invention and being the leading invention partner for the world’s most innovative companies and individuals. The company creates new inventions, invests in existing inventions and partners with individuals, universities and research labs worldwide to develop inventions. Intellectual Ventures provides companies access to these inventions through a variety of licensing and partnering programs.
- Manage reception activities for the GHT Director and team including greeting guests, issuing security badges, and coordinating deliveries.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the GHT Director in a team environment.
- Keep GHT Director and team apprised of calendar, action items, messages and relevant business issues, both internal and external.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding Director’s available time.
- Email management: Use judgment when processing email; may compose messages/replies on behalf of the Director.
- Coordinate complex domestic and international travel – understand geography and political dynamics in developing countries to ensure safe transit planning.
- Format documents and high-level presentations including letters, memos, trip reports, itineraries, presentation (Power Point), spreadsheets (Excel), and other related documents.
- Coordinate meetings and special events including contacting participants, scheduling, agenda creation, logistics, catering, and any other related materials.
- Manage confidential business matters, internal communications, and files with a high-level of discretion.
- Prepare expense reports and coordinate reimbursement, including but not limited to trip reimbursements and miscellaneous expense reimbursement.
- 2-4 years executive administrative experience supporting executives, preferably in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; 2-4 years of university or trade school and/or other administrative training in business, office administration required
- Advanced skills and experience in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required
- Experience coordinating and facilitating corporate events.
- Excellent grammatical, editing and proofreading skills required
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and cross cultural communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented, able to develop and maintain highly organized work environment, and able to effectively prioritize
- Demonstrated capabilities in making solid business decisions, problem-solving, and multi-tasking in a highly dynamic and fast paced business environment
- Proven ability to exercise high degree of confidentiality and objectivity Ability to work in a team setting and conduct and present oneself in a highly professional manner with both internal and external clients and personnel
- Proven ability to set priorities and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback
We are an equal opportunity employer