Research Software Engineer
Bellevue, Wa, Washington, United States
Date published: 09/21/17
- Ph. D. in Statistics, computer science, applied mathematics, or a similar quantitative field of study. Strong scientific computer modeling background highly desired
- 2+ years related work experience
- Direct experience with machine learning techniques and libraries
- Expert capability to read & write code in a language like R, Mathmatica or Matlab, and Python, C/C++ experience a plus
- Knowledge of renewable energy and electric grid modeling is strongly preferred.
- Experience in managing and organizing large scientific data sets is strongly preferred.
- Experience working effectively as a part of a software development team is required
- Must be a clear and effective communicator
- Must be self-motivated and results-minded
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Build data processing tools in Python, C/C++, Matlab, Mathematica, or R to support electric grid simulation.
- Work with the research and modeling team in order to identify and anticipate data needs
- Program existing platform to manage multiple, disparate inputs to provide decision support
- Collect, analyze and process data to inform the modeling effort
- Assemble input data sets and model validation data sets
- Run model sensitivity analysis to determine the impact of uncertain data sets
- Assist and lead the production of reports and presentations