Bellevue, Wa, Washington, United States
Date published: 08/11/17
- Propose novel technological solutions to complex developing world problems,
- Conceive, execute, and adapt technical strategies to develop and validate products to meet specific criteria.
- Design, execute, analyze, and troubleshoot experiments to validate concepts and optimize assay performance.
- Develop protocols to isolate and quantify analytes from challenging matrices (blood, food).
- Operate within a BSL2 laboratory environment and utilize sterile technique to work with clinical samples or microbial isolates.
- Propose, plan, execute, document, and communicate results of several technical projects simultaneously, setting priorities dynamically, and determining feasibility and relevance of work.
- Work with both internal and external collaborators to build effective project plans with sound technical approaches and clearly defined stakeholder support.
- Effectively and efficiently manage resources to meet deliverables.
- Identify technical risks and appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Stay abreast of current scientific developments in relevant fields and the impacts they may have on organizational objectives. Perform academic and commercial literature reviews of technologies and techniques.
- Work within a team of scientists, engineers, and other professionals to balance time, budgets, and results in alignment with developed individual, group, laboratory, and corporate objectives.
- Expected to train and mentor laboratory staff in areas of the candidate’s expertise
- Efficiently and effectively become abreast of new technical areas.
- Assume different roles and grow into new technical areas as needed.
- Provide technical insight to address novel scientific endeavors.
- Consistently maintain a safe working environment with good housekeeping practices.
- Minimum BS/BA in life science related field with demonstrable performance in a professional scientific environment. PhD with 5 years of experience preferred.
- Experience with nucleic acid and protein manipulation, enzymology, bioconjugation, and/or other assay development especially for commercial products is highly desirable.
- Skilled in coherent experimental design and execution, with strong, practical laboratory skills.
- Demonstrated capability to utilize and maintain a wide array of biology laboratory instrumentation and systems.
- Previous experience working in a BSL2 laboratory and familiarity with biological safety practices.
- Ability to operate independently and as a member of a project team, be results-minded, be self-motivated, and have the ability to seamlessly function amongst a wide cross-section of other technical staff.