Intellectual Ventures (IV) Lab is part of Intellectual Ventures' efforts to support invention. IV Lab works on the very beginning stages of invention, validating the concept and refining the technology to demonstrate its potential for commercial or humanitarian use. IV Lab believes in the power of independent and unconventional approaches to problems. The broad range of Intellectual Ventures' invention activity provides IV Lab the opportunity for a breadth of expertise across fields including computer network security, computational modeling, electrical and mechanical engineering, software development, chemistry, microbiology, materials science, nanotechnology, physics, medical devices, and aerospace engineering. IV Lab’s unique environment has attracted veteran technologists and scientists from leading companies and renowned academic, government and private laboratories.
The Optical Systems Group at IV Lab creates and enables innovative development in technology, engineering, and science related to diagnostic tools for global health and development applications. The Optical Systems Group is currently working on automated diagnostic tools for use in developing countries.
This position will work with a small team to develop image processing and computer vision algorithms for a variety of biomedical applications of relevant to global health and development.
- Develop object detection software in cooperation with a cross-disciplinary team using image processing, machine learning and classification algorithms
- Provide status updates to project manager at weekly team meetings
- Provide written reports with appropriate documentation of code
- Perform high-level modeling and algorithm development
- Generate test plans/procedures, conduct testing, and evaluate test results
- Conduct design reviews with technical peers and management
- Work with high level of independence as a part of a small project team
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Multiple years of experience in image processing and algorithm development
- Experience with programming, debugging, and testing software is required
- Knowledge of image image processing, machine learning, DSP, control systems, electro-optics and system engineering is desired
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, are required
- Background in classification algorithms and statistics
- Preferred languages: Matlab, C/C++, Python
- Must be capable of presenting to coworkers and senior management
We are an equal opportunity employer