Bellevue, Wa, Washington, United States
Date published: 12-Sep-2018
- Designing and evaluating point of care diagnostic assays and assay components. Scope includes primarily lateral flow immunochromatographic assays but may also include ELISA and microfluidics applications.
- Owning and leading various aspects of the device and process design and development, as well as supporting other scientists in the lab.
- Planning and carrying out tests to characterize system and subsystem performance using advanced analytical equipment and lab robots, and conduct evaluations using clinical samples in lab and field settings.
- Develop and apply computational assay models to support R&D work
- Develop new lab robot applications
- Supporting external partner interfaces in co-development, or productization/design for manufacturing.
- Will also lead initiatives and projects
- May manage team members
Key Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Experience with programming instruments for large/complex experiments (e.g., lab robots)
- Familiarity with general programming languages (e.g. Python, R, Matlab)
- Analytical mindset
- Ability to troubleshoot complex systems
- Understanding of statistics
- Small hardware design and fabrication (e.g. use of SolidWorks) preferred
- Finite element analysis (e.g. use of COMSOL) preferred
- Understanding of fluid dynamics and microfluidics preferred
- Familiarity with point-of-care diagnostics technologies preferred
- Assay development expertise preferred
- PhD in a bioanalytical science or equivalent with 3-5 years of lab experience, or highly relevant work history (5 plus years) in the areas listed above
- Must be hands-on, capable of designing experiments, performing them, managing as well as supporting others to perform them, and building experimental systems.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with other engineering disciplines and life scientists.
- Substantial hands-on experience with clinical immunoassay R&D; experience with lateral flow assays and clinical diagnostic product development highly desired.
- Experience and recent practice in lab settings and willingness and ability to productively work in lab settings for the majority of the work day. Experience with experimental and evaluation data analysis, biostatistics, and presentation of results in various formats.
- Highly proactive and self-directed in identifying personal knowledge and/or skill gaps, and adept at acquiring the technical background needed to fill those gaps.
We are an equal opportunity employer