Research Software Developer
Bellevue, Wa, Washington, United States
Date published: 09/28/17
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study and at least 5 years software development experience (or Master’s degree with at least 3 years of software development experience).
- Must have at least 4 years of expert capability reading and writing code in Python
- Experience with R, Mathmatica or Matlab, and Python, C/C++ experience a plus
- Must have experience with data visualization
- Must be familiar data visualization tools
- Strong scientific computer modeling background highly desired
- Knowledge of renewable energy and electric grid modeling is strongly preferred
- Experience in managing and organizing large scientific data sets is strongly preferred
- Experience working effectively as a part of a software development team is required
- Must be a clear and effective communicator
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Work with research scientist to understand the requirements for source data, appropriate techniques for validating intermediate results, and implement rich visualization tools.
- Work with external research institutes and universities to understand their data sets and data visualization.
- Specify, design, and implement software for data access APIs and data visualization tools with high quality in accordance with given requirements and chosen design.
- Build data processing tools in Python to support electric grid simulation.
- Program existing platform to manage multiple, disparate inputs to provide decision support
- Collect, analyze and process data to inform the modeling effort
- Assemble input data sets and model validation data sets
- Run model sensitivity analysis to determine the impact of uncertain data sets
- Assist and lead the production of reports and presentations