Senior Staff Accountant
Bellevue, Wa, Washington, United States
Date published: 02/05/18
Intellectual Ventures ("IV") is a privately-held, invention investment company based in Bellevue, Washington. Intellectual Ventures is the leader in the business of invention. Driven by the belief that invention sparks progress, Intellectual Ventures is committed to creating and sustaining a market for invention and being the leading invention partner for the world's most innovative companies and individuals. The company creates new inventions, invests in existing inventions and partners with individuals, universities and research labs worldwide to develop inventions. Intellectual Ventures provides companies access to these inventions through a variety of licensing and partnering programs.
The Finance organization manages all of IV's financial activities. Finance is an important strategic partner to all parts of the business, and has the challenging task of managing a detail-oriented discipline inside an innovative, rapidly changing company.
- Perform monthly / quarterly / annual closing procedures such as balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, cross-entity allocations, revenue recognition, variance analysis, and other miscellaneous journal entries
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Perform technical accounting research and document conclusions
- Provide annual financial statement audit and tax return preparation support
- Review revenue contracts to determine recognition methodology
- Document current process and identify process improvement opportunities
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis
Key Qualifications and Required Skills:
- 4-8 years’ accounting experience
- College undergraduate degree required, advanced degree preferred
- CPA preferred
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with large ERP accounting systems such as Microsoft's Axapta, Oracle, etc.
- Strong skills in Excel (Pivot tables, data manipulation, etc.), Word, and Access
- Work experience at partnerships, LLC’s, and spinout entities a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and to interact professionally with all levels of an organization
- Ability to work independently, under tight deadlines at times, and in an ever-changing / dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Detail oriented with strong organizational / time management skills
We are an equal opportunity employer