Software Engineer, Contract
Bellevue, Wa, Washington, United States
Date published: 06/01/18
- Construct relational database from scratch and build visualization tools according to requirements.
- Work with research scientists and research software engineers to understand the requirements for source data, appropriate techniques for validating intermediate results, and build database for renewable energy data and scenario studies results.
- Work with the team to conduct comprehensive renewable energy integration research and perform simulation studies.
- Work with various datasets and corresponding APIs provided by external research institutes and universities.
- Collect, analyze and process data to inform the modeling effort.
- Optimize renewable energy integration strategies through data modeling and analysis based on the corresponding database.
- Run model sensitivity analysis to analyze the impact of uncertainty
- Build data processing tools in Python to support electric grid simulation.
- Assist in production of reports and presentations as required.
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a similar field of study and 3+ years of software development.
- 3+ years reading and writing code in Python.
- 2+ years SQL and relational database (e.g. PostgreSQL) setup and management.
- Must have data engineering and analysis experience.
- Must have strong analytical and research skills.
- Must be a clear and effective communicator.
- Must be comfortable in a startup working environment.
- Experience with large geospatial data processing and visualization is highly desired.
- Strong scientific computer modeling background is highly desired.
- Knowledge of renewable energy and electric grid modeling is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Matlab, R, Mathmatica and C/C++ experience a plus.