Software Test Engineer – Data Services
Bellevue, Wa, Washington, United States
Date published: 02/02/18
- Work with the development team to create test plans and test cases within the required scope for a project
- Use data science techniques to validate data integrity.
- Develop, document, and secure reusable test automation.
- Document test plans and execute manual test cases.
- Communicate test status and strategy to the development team and test team.
- Advocate for end-user functionality in triage and planning meetings.
- Demonstrate flexibility in collaborating with other members of the test team projects.
- Time management to deliver results by expected dates.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or five years of work experience in a related field (computer science, mathematics, natural science)
- Must have 5 years of experience as a Software Test Professional (SDET, STE) with experience testing distributed applications (UI, service layer, database layer)
- Must be proficient and have demonstrated proficiency with:
- Multiple database technologies (MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, other).
- Test automation frameworks (NUnit, MSTest, JUnit, etc)
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate potentially complex issues to both development and senior management
- Must be able to operate both independently and within a team environment, be self-motivated and results-minded (be capable of managing own schedule)
- Experience developing and consuming web services
- Experience with a cloud computing solution, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Compute
- Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC): Design, Implementation, Testing, Maintenance.
- Experience logging, tracking, and regressing software defects (bugs)
- Experience with multiple development environments (Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, PyCharm, RubyMine)
- Experience with multiple source code repositories (GitHub, Visual Studio Online, Mercurial)
- Prefer candidates possessing commercial experience implementing software solutions on Windows and Linux platforms