Software Test Engineer
Bellevue, Wa, Washington, United States
Date published: 09/25/17
- Work with the development team to create test plans and test cases within the required scope for a project
- Use analytical tools to plan stress and load testing on a webservice.
- Develop, document, and secure reusable test automation.
- Document test plans and execute manual test cases.
- Communicate test status and strategy to the development team and test team.
- Advocate for end-user functionality in triage and planning meetings.
- Demonstrate flexibility in collaborating with other members of the test team projects.
- Time management to deliver results by expected dates.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or four years of work experience in a related field (computer science, mathematics, natural science)
- Must have 5 years of experience as a Software Test Professional (SDET, STE) with experience testing distributed applications (UI, service layer, database layer)
- Must be proficient and have demonstrated proficiency with:
- Web service automation tools such as SoapUI, Postman, JMeter, or equivalent.
- Automated test logging (NUnit, MSTest, JUnit, etc)
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate potentially complex issues to both development and senior management
- Must be able to operate both independently and within a team environment, be self-motivated and results-minded (be capable of managing own schedule)
- Experience configuring and consuming relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with a cloud computing solution, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Compute
- Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC): Design, Implementation, Testing, Maintenance.
- Experience logging, tracking, and regressing software defects (bugs)
- Experience with multiple development environments (Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, JetBrains tools)
- Experience with multiple source code repositories (GitHub, Visual Studio Online, Mercurial)
- Prefer candidates possessing commercial experience implementing software solutions on Windows and Linux platforms