Software Test Manager
Bellevue, Wa, Washington, United States
Date published: 11/08/17
- Manage, lead, and support a test team that is focused on RESTful services and web UI testing.
- Coordinate testing efforts with a peer test manager to ensure integration touchpoints during test cycles occur.
- Participate as an individual contributor during test cycles.
- Update and communicate testing schedules and resource allocations.
- Assist in the development and/or support of internal processes.
- Maintain existing or lead the deployment of new automated testing platforms or solutions.
- Interface with internal groups to determine the testing needs and success criteria for testing events.
- Ensure procedures are clearly documented, validated, and up-to-date.
- Produce communication to the senior manager to outline potential infrastructure impacts.
- Must have at least two years of experience leading small teams within a software test discipline:
- Ensuring the development and execution of test plans and cases.
- Developing quality measures and process within a variety of known and accepted software development life cycle types.
- Must have at least five years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Software Test Engineer (STE), Software Tester, Quality Assurance Engineer or related title with experience testing software web and web services.
- Must have at least two years of experience, displaying proficiency with one or more of the following:
- Test automation through scripting (Python, PowerShell, shell scripting, batch file, Perl or other) for web services testing.
- Web automation tools (Selenium, WebUI Test Studio or other)
- Test automation (NUnit, JUnit, MSTest or other)
- Familiarity with a Linux operating systems is preferred.
- Ability to work with our internal business partners to understand and document their requirements.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field or at least six years of experience in a software development organization.
- Must work in an agile team environment.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate potentially complex issues to both development and senior management.
- Must be able to operate both independently or within a team environment, be self-motivated and results-minded.