System Administrator and Application Support
Bellevue, Wa, Washington, United States
Date published: 29-Jun-2018
- Work collaboratively with IDM team members to extend and strengthen the IDM computing environment, focusing on the maintenance and further integration of Linux solutions into an existing cross-platform backend infrastructure.
- Participate and ensure qualitative and security updates occur on schedule to IDM’s physical and virtual server environments.
- Track and resolve software and hardware issues reported by the research and software teams.
- Develop, evaluate, and implement Linux standards that increase successful outcomes of IDM staff and research.
- Create cross-platform tools and employ innovative technologies to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure.
- Frequently perform machine utilization activities, both server and desktop, procuring and decommissioning hardware when required.
- Complete frequent user and performance audits of the IDM computing environment to ensure the highest level of stability is available.
- Assist in the development, deployment, and support of internal processes to maintain our desktop and server environment.
- Work within the IT Operations team to integrate new equipment into an existing mixed-OS environment.
- Ensure all assets are properly recorded and tracked within our inventory system.
- Maintain proper documentation, in the IDM Wiki of procedures, configurations, programs, or technical measures taken to ensure IDM knowledge bases are clearly documented, validated, up-to-date, and communicated throughout the team.
- Must have at least 3-5 years of experience with Linux server hardening and/or deploying domain-joined computers; managing network storage or high-performance clusters is a plus.
- Must have at least 5 years of helpdesk support experience, displaying proficiency resolving hardware and software interoperability issues in a mixed OS environment.
- Working experience with administrative proficiency in:
- Linux (CentOS 6.x or Fedora 27 or greater preferred)
- Windows 10
- Working exposure with competency in:
- SVN or other source code control system
- Microsoft IIS or other web server
- LAMP experience desired (Linux, Apache, MySQL/MariaDB, Perl/Python)
- Ability and/or experience working in an agile team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new software tools.
- Ability to quickly understand our working environment and seek opportunities to streamline our overall process.
- Be a self-starter while acting as a motivator for your team members both in SAAS and the general IDM/IV groups.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate potentially complex issues to the larger team.
- Must be able to operate both independently or within a team environment, be self-motivated, and results-minded.