System Administrator and Desktop Support Engineer
Bellevue, Wa, Washington, United States
Date published: 26-Jan-2018
- Work with the larger IT Operations team to extend and strengthen the IDM computing environment, focusing on the integration of new desktop solutions into an existing backend infrastructure.
- Apply and ensure updates to the Windows desktop environment occur on schedule.
- Track and resolve software and hardware issues reported by the research and software teams.
- Manage the deployment of internally developed software tools within our desktop and server computing environment.
- Frequently perform machine utilization activities, both server and desktop, procuring and decommissioning hardware when required.
- Complete frequent user and performance audits of the IDM computing environment to ensure the highest level of stability.
- Assist in the development, deployment, and support of internal processes to maintain our desktop and server environment.
- Work within the IT Operations team to integrate new equipment into an existing mixed-OS environment.
- Interface directly with customers to resolve their desktop and server issues.
- Develop and deploy group policy updates to enforce operational rules.
- Ensure all assets are properly recorded and tracked within our inventory system.
- Interface with internal technology groups to determine the needs and success criteria for future desktop solutions.
- Ensure procedures are clearly documented, validated, up-to-date, and communicated throughout the team.
- Must have at least two years of experience working with desktop teams to harden and deploy domain joined desktop computers.
- Must have at least five years of helpdesk support experience, displaying proficiency resolving hardware and software interoperability issues in a mixed OS environment.
- Working experience with administrative proficiency in:
- Windows 10
- Linux (CentOS 6.x or Fedora 27 or greater preferred)
- Working exposure with competency in:
- SVN or other source code control system
- Microsoft IIS or other web server
- LAMP experience preferred (Linux, Apache, MySQL/MariaDB, Perl/Python)
- Ability and/or experience working in an agile team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new software tools.
- Ability to quickly understand our working environment and seek opportunities to streamline our overall process.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate potentially complex issues to the larger team.
- Must be able to operate both independently or within a team environment, be self-motivated, and results-minded.